Recollections of the hunter and his prey

About this blog

This is a blog describing the descent into madness brought about by record collecting. It is primarily about the hunt, the smells, the disappointments, the excitement, and the random occurrences surrounding vinyl records. I listen to them too, a lot, but from my perspective the hunt is what makes collecting records an exciting hobby, although it may be maddeningly frustrating and incomprehensible to those around me.

On the hunt for:

  • Articles of Faith-Give Thanks LP
  • Bhopal Stiffs 10 song demo tape
  • Black Cat Bones-Barbed Wire Sandwich LP
  • Blues Creation - Live LP
  • Freddie Hubbard-Black Angel LP
  • Henry Franklin - The Skipper LP
  • Herbie Hancock-Flood LP
  • Mount Everest Trio - LP
  • Neu!-75 LP
  • Revenant - Prophecies of a Dying World LP
  • Sam Cooke-Ain't That Good News LP
  • Sam Cooke-Night Beat LP
  • Strike Under-Immediate Action 12" EP
  • The Effigies-Haunted Town 12" EP
  • The Virgil Lights - (anything else out there besides the 45?)
  • Watchtower-Energetic Disassembly LP
  • Witchcraft-s/t LP

Monday, January 18, 2010

Um sure, I'll buy that for five dollars...





I found this on Friday at a local record store, which shall remain nameless, for a whopping $5. Not sure what was calling me to the 12" singles section loaded with depeche mode, erasure, and madonna singles, but as I was flipping through this dreck, I came across At the Gates' first ep, Gardens of Grief. At first, I couldn't believe what I was looking at, and became really nervous. Was this for real? Was the owner of the store really going to let me buy this once I brought it up to the counter? I continued to browse for about a hour or so afterwards, but I kept this hidden in between the other records I had found (the 2nd killing joke album, what's THIS for...!; Linn County's till the break of dawn, and Econochrist's trained to serve), just in case any other customers saw it and decided to talk to me.

I've been looking for At the Gates records for years, but I never thought I'd actually find one in person.

No comments:

The collection

Check it out
last updated 05/17/09

Followers